Takos & Unimaginables

Thank you all who came down to the book sale. Remember, a book a day keeps ignorance at bay.

I've been busy with work. Although I've just graduated, it suddenly hit me how many places I've worked in my (very short) life, not counting the strange odd jobs I took in the past, when I was young & crazy. Plus freelancing. It's strange. And to think I was once terrified of the idea of working - in the same way I was terrified of going to primary school back when I graduated from nursery. This reminds me. WHY DO I GET TO WEAR A MOTAR BOARD IN A NURSERY CONVOCATION?

I remember purchasing a tako ball pan online for reasons unknown. Tako balls aren't my favourite food but I think I was attracted by the way they were made. Those aunties in Plaza Sing juggle the balls like circus performers - transforming semi-circular cups of flour soup into edible food.


Hey, I can do it too!

On another note, you know how the library loves to put up rubbish book displays tucked into corners nobody looks at and fill it with titles with no merit save for how dog-earred they are? Well sometimes, you do find some gems. Like this.


Dawn of the Deed: The Prehistoric Origins of Sex.

Very interesting. It also makes me wonder: How in the world do authors of obscure/crazy/unimaginably inexplicable titles decide what to write?

Back to Top