Beautiful books

Books Actually was having a 30% sale.
You know how I get when book stores have massive sales - I become some psychotic take-my-money!!!!!! spendthrift beast.

Spendthrift brain: OoooOooH... Sale!! And 30% some more! You don't get such an opportunity every month. Time to break the bank and stock up on books.

Frugal brain: No! I can't! I already have 6 books that I bought at the last sale and haven't yet read them. What are they for? Paperweights?! Fool! Read them first before you add more to their lonely cousins.

Spendthrift brain: Oh ho! But I will read them! I will... when I'm more ...  free?

Frugal brain: You won't read them. When you buy books, you only buy the illusion of the time to read them, dummy.

Spendthrift brain: Then it's money well spent. For my life is an illusion built on the bodies of dead books.

Frugal brain: You will become a dead body when you have no money to sustain your life. The real life, I mean. Not the one in your head.

Spendthrift brain: Sigh... you're right. I should be more responsible with my money and - Look at that gorgeous dust jacket!! (Buys 1 hardcover book, 1 paperback and a magazine and leaves the shop infinitely poorer with books in the hand and guilt on the face, wondering how did it turn out that way.)


One of the books I got which was a SIGNED COPY! Bang My Car by Ann Ang. This is the funniest book I've read this week! And so true.

I dunno why but this is my favourite part:

23: I want to tell him so many things, show him so many things, but I don't know how to say, maybe the thing also not there anymore.

(brief silence)

A: How about your wife?

23: My wife is my wife loh.

The End.

I friggin burst out laughing. For. No. Reason. At. All.

Back to Top