A Blundering Fool

Yesterday we half celebrated my older sister's birthday because everyone was dead tired for some reason. I think some family members fell asleep in the cake. But the cake (which was in fact a tart from Fruit Paradise) was so delicious it made everyone wake up with zeal and vigorously sing Happy Birthday!!! at the top of their lungs. Or so I think. But I might have been mistaken.

Before that episode, I was wrapping a present for her. It was a book about two of the second and thrid most important things in life: friendship and death. It's a book by Jory John and Avery Monsen and had dinosaurs and robots in it - she will like it. I'm sure. Or I may be wrong.

Well, I was wrapping the present for her and I attempted to tie a blue ribbon in a cross shape. Unfortunately, my skills were not up to scratch plus my ribbon was not long enough which ended up in an ugly UGLY knot bunched up at the most unceremonious place of the present - right in the glorious middle of it!

I snipped off the excess ribbon from the knot - which did not improve its appearance in any way.

Like a guilty kid, I decided to cover up that blight with - AHA! Tape! Yes. MT tape will solve everything~ don't they make it look so simple in Japaese craft blogs? Like I never learnt from my black window A3 paper fiasco.

Here is the results (front & back). Prepare to be horrified.



 Never ever pile washi tape atop one another thinking that more is better. It is not.
It's the thought that counts, but some thoughts that are beyond salvage should never have been executed in the first place.

Back to Top