All Grown Up & Smelling of Strangers

Books that I need to get:

1) The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Vol.1 - Joseph Gordon Levitt
2)  Malay Sketches - Alfian Sa'at
3) The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
4) 我的路 Vol. 1 - 寂地
5) 找到这颗星星 - 卤猫
6) Amazing Everything - Scott C.
7) Anything by Oliver Jeffers

Oh, and Steven Brust's Hawk will only be out 2014?! That's infernal ages more. I shall hate it, knowing that I'd have waited 3 years for a book only to finish it in 5 hours. At least this beats the time frame between Issola and Dzur - half a decade for a book 1/10 the size of a Harry Potter novel is just plain evil. Maybe it's in all writers to be a bit evil. After all, writing is an impossibly painful job, all you do is stare at a piece of paper until your forehead bleeds. The same could be said for designers. And artists. And musicians. And painters. Isn't that's why it's called pain-ting? Who said that? I forgot. Some artist illustrator, I think. Someone who said that creators must suffer for their work. That must mean all the books and all the pieces of art I've ever enjoyed and hated must have been pieces of invisible blood and broken bones of their authors. And every act of consuming these goods are an act of cannibalism. I've been eating the ghosts of authors' past.

Back to Top