反 思 。

My aunt's teapot. It's been with her since the 70s & I still remember her serving water from it when I was a toddler with her mismatched teacups. I'm tearing from its sheer loveliness.

I fell in love with this retro porcelain & rooster motif bowl set. They use it to serve ice-cream in an art cafe called Orange Thimble.

I love the mosaic & colours in this old Toa Payoh dragon playground. So bold, so honest and so very enduring.

What happened to these kind of designs? Why have they disappeared to be replaced by the glossy bland Helvetica conceit we have now? Singaporean designs had so much more soul 20, 30 years ago. Gaudiness should be celebrated! Patterns should be revered! Colours other than black, white & grey should be vehemently used with unabashed zeal! Yes, this calls for a revolution my friends! Although I'm sure I'm only talking to myself.

I'm going to go drink some tea & cool down my overheated head.

Back to Top