Ebbing beating life

Qing Ming festival was over eons ago, but I didn't develop the film until recently so here is this year's grave cleaning shots.

In the past, my dad would drive us to the cemetery waaay too early in the morning like 5am to beat the crowds, although we always get stuck in massive car queues that stretch from the cemetery to the moon. Now we go in the afternoon.

My cousin & bro lighting giant red candles. They act as timers. We leave when the candle burns out.

The most fun part is burning paper money. Everyone fights for a chance at it. Lucky Esther.
~~~
In a sudden epiphany that I could actually create things that are edible (false), I made a mille crepe cake yesterday! Everyone knows how rare is it to find good mille crepe cakes in Singapore & how much work goes into making it, so I'm blown away by the results.

Back to Top