Day in the Life of a Bookworm

Books Actually had an exhibition of a boat load of Penguin books!
Book enthusiasts should check this out. You get a full dosage of heady nostalgia from the gorgeous array of Penguin books they have there.


Below is Shuning's entry for a Penguin books alternative cover. Very Shuning. She must have worn her fingerprints out fiddling with those tiny cloth bits.


Just the day after, I went down to Holland V to oogle at my favourite online cute shop - the Little Happy Shop - that is finally going brick & motar!

I rarely shop online so this is heaven-sent! Gaarrr... *cuteness explosion*
Incidentally, they are also selling tickets for the Ode to Penguin exhibit. $6 for students!


On to my questing over the hills of Singapore ...
Yesterday, I passed by this handsome reading cafe called the Books Cellar.
Oooh~ The ambience is fantastic. Moody yet cosy - like an Italian salon, if such a thing existed.

Dark masculine panelling & old typewriters & a pool table at the back. I went in at 3pm in the afternoon so it was pretty quiet. Quiet but perfect.

It's filled top to toe with my kinda books~ yeah.... lotsa Stephen King, horror, political thrillers and James Patterson. Next to Lee Child, Patterson is my favourite thriller author. Read him!


That's it!
☆☆☆

Ode to Penguin → here | Little Happy Shop → here | Books Cellar pics taken from → here

Back to Top