Washing Our Tears All Away

That's my printed rain drop dress, yes, in acrylic.

I've been assured that fabric paint & acrylic are very much interchangable & the latter is widely used to paint clothes. So there.

I initially wanted to carve out fancy swirls on my rubber stamps & spotted this 'wood-carving' tool set in Daiso that reportedly carves rubber too. LIES! This useless duo carves wood and rubber like a broken toothpick. Don't be cheap & buy yourself a proper rubber carving set from Popular at $7+.

I settled with hacking the lino pad with a blunt scissors & a sharp penknife.

To make the handle of the rubber stamp, cut off sections of a used eraser & primitively stick them on the back of the stamp with UHU glue. I used that iconic blue & white eraser that comes with our secondary school Oxford Mathematical instrument set. Damn! That eraser is hard as heck. How did anyone erase anything with that without ripping holes in their graph paper amazes me.

Mix the desired colours & thin it out with water. Don't apply too thick a coat or the pattern will peel. Stamping gives a 'watery' speckled look that I absolutely love love love to bits!
Leave the paint to dry completely overnight & iron it a bit. Voila!

Back to Top