Past Elysium

I was listening to a friend mention how blogs are a thing of the past.
No one reads long boring posts about people's life anymore.
No one is interested in your online diary of painfully dreary events.
Razor fast Twitter & Facebook status updates are the Now - goodbye ole' blogs, you're just a platform for pretty pictures & the occasional sarcastic rantings.

I agree with her. It's true.

No one wants to type out whole sentences anymore, worrying about how the prose sounds and whether your grammar is spot on. It's damn tiring trying to think of how to open a blog post, how to structure the body & how to end it without sounding like a total blithering cretin.
It's so much easier to chuck out a "HOT LIKE HELL 2DAY, LOL :(" on Twitter than to cough out a "That merciless ball of flaming killer sambal star called the sun decided to kill all human beings on the earth today by ruthless ... ..." etc. etc. Needless verbiage.

Perhaps that's why I never caught up to the Twitter and Facebook rapid-fire status updates about your personal life. I'm a dead old fashion literary antique.

I can't appreciate reading words grabbed out from thin air with nary any background story whatsover, strung together on barely-there grammar & spelling & blared into your face like the climax of an Avery cartoon.

That's why I still love reading well-written blog posts. I'd rather read beautiful verbiage than ugly, character-limited remarks that add no value whatsoever to my life.
*Abrupt post end*


obligatory pretty pics from here.

Back to Top