When the Brain Sneezes

We bought a brand new Yamaha keyboard for our collective birthday presents (My brother & I) *What?* you say *I thought your birthday was in April?*
Yes - it is. No, I don't care to explain.

So, here we are... ... brand new shiny keyboard - so ironic that no one in the household has even the slightest germ of the beginnings of a notion of how to play 2-handed songs - save for my eldest sister who is shockingly talented.

Well, today I walked up to the 3rd level & saw my brother furiously attacking cardboard with a blunt scissors. There was a gigantic needle threaded with thick black yarn beside him.
Curious, I asked,
"What are you doing?"
"I'm making protection for the keyboard"

Let me describe to you what he was creating. It was a large rectangular cover, kind of like a wooden tray but missing the other end. He had cleverly sewn the whole thing out of cut-up bits of cardboard & thread. Like this.

The funny thing is, it doesn't even cover the whole keyboard! He obviously had not heard of that long cloth that pianos usually have above their keyboard to keep off the dust.

The whole thing looked so ridiculously cute & incomprehensible it made my day.

Back to Top