A tourist in my own country

I've found a new book place near the Chinatown area called Littered with Books .

It's not as rustic as Books Actually or quiant as Woods in the Books - but it exudes an old world charm that makes you half expect a hirsute old professor smoking a pipe to magically pop out somewhere.

It's at 20 Duxton Road. Slightly behind the church.

Oh, & it's big.
I'd reckon it is even bigger than Books Actually. And it's 2 storeys.
It has a HUGE variety of books. Literature, cute kids books, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Thrillers ... you name it.

Lacquered wood panelling & moody oak furniture. 2nd level.
Soft red couches with a view to kill screams at you to sit on it & smoke a pipe.


You HAVE to check out their Penguin novella collection.
I have never seen Penguin books with cover pages as gorgeous as what they have here.


I'm blown away by the paper used for the covers.
Thick, creamy, cloth-like card stock you'd get at Fancy Paper. I could just buy them books for the covers alone.

Dappling sunlight streams through the window. Illuminating a cool big map on the wall. Ahoy mateys!!

View from outside. Stairs leading to the 2nd level.

Back to Top