Noir Resplendent

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make. "

Dracula, 1931
Directed by Tod Browning, starring Bela Lugosi.
Damn, this is good stuff. Lugosi as Drac is simply fabulous. Exotic, creepy & sexy. Watch the part where he smashes the mirror from Van Helsing's hand & marvel as his beautiful face contorts in rage. Then back into his beautiful face all in one smooth motion of acting magic.

Bela Lugosi: one very attractive Dracula.

The guy who plays Renfield must have set the standard for crazy roles in acting. Right there up the loony barometer with Jack Nicholson.

"I am Dracula. I bid you welcome. "

For other heart-stopping creepy old films, go watch Rear Window by Alfred Hitchcock.
I could barely watch the last part without covering my eyes & peeping through the gaps of my fingers in sheer, undiluted terror.

Back to Top