Heist & Mortuary

This came abit late but - pffft.... As Einstein says (he didn't) :"Speed is only relative to the inverse of motivation".

Shing-a-ding-ding~! In Plaza Singapura just beside Spotlight lies as hidden little cafe/garang-guni shop that allows you to have a nice cuppa while you ~ if your majesty would so desire ~ shop.
It's called Tea Cosy and good luck finding it ~
I had high tea there with Shan & as this is the very first time i have ever had high tea I really can't say if it's good or bad.


Well the entire shop is just bursting with cuteness and everything just screams "Don't Touch Me You Clumsy Fool!!" as the thousands of $50 per head porceline cherubs glower at you through their expensive eyes. I do say for whatever the portions I had for my high tea set, I was quite satisfied.


There were iity-bity pieces of button mushrooms ladden with blow-torched cheese (8/10)
Salmon slice on buttered bread (6/10)
Foie Gras (or however you spell that) on a spoon (8/10)
Buttered Bread with melted cheese (9/10) (damn, they were good)
Prawn in Coleslaw (5/10)
Ham and Pineapple on bread (6/10)
3 slices of 2cm^3 cakes (8/10)
2 raisin scones (7/10)
And a few others that were unmemorable because I can't seem to recall them anymore.

And a pot of Earl Grey Tea.

Ok, that was the good part. Now on to the bad part.
Went to Cafe Cartel with my family one day. Squeeze into an under-sized booth. Fumble with the menu. Sabotage the bread counter (my dad).

There are some food combinations that no matter how strangely you combine would still taste great. Like say : Chocolate and bananas. Or Prawns and Cheese. You can't go wrong with these kind of combos - never.

So why is it when I decided to order something innocent & safe-sounding like "Seafood Tempura Pasta" (come on, who the hell can screw up simple seafood like prawns or squid? And tempura? That's just frying.) Cafe Cartel gives me whole plate of crap.

I won't even begin to say how 2 angst-ridden prawns stared up at me from a heap of depressing looking pasta with 4 pieces of micro-mini squid inside as chewy as second-hand gum and as tasty as someone elses fingernails could possibly go so wrong.


Just look at that poor prawn. Sacrificed on the alter of abominable undercooked pasta. The gravy could have been amniotic fluid. My sister had chicken cutlet. At least her's was edible.

That's it!

Back to Top